Number Four and the rest of the Garde aren’t the first brave souls to take up arms against an evil alien race. In fact, pop culture has given us a multitude of alien fighters to admire and put our collective faith in. Which begs the question—if the Garde could have one alien-fighting pop culture icon added to their team to help in their fight against the Mogadorians, who would reign supreme?
Deep questions like this require deep discussion and thankfully we have the perfect gentlemen for the job. Meet your author commentators (and yes, they’re also brothers), both of whom are fully endorsed by Pittacus Lore himself.
Dan Wells is the acclaimed author of the John Cleaver series: I Am Not a Serial Killer, Mr. Monster, and I Don’t Want to Kill You. He has been nominated for both the Hugo and the Campbell Awards and has won two Parsec Awards for his podcast Writing Excuses. His YA debut Partials (in stores now) is the first in a trilogy where the human race is all but extinct after a war with Partials—engineered organic beings that look identical to humans. Find out more about Partials here. And don’t miss Isolation, the digital novella that takes places two decades before the events of Partials and the forthcoming sequel Fragments, on sale 2/26/13.
Pittacus Lore called Partials “a thrilling sci-fi adrenaline rush, with one of the most compelling and frightening visions of Earth’s future I’ve seen yet.” And he knows a little bit about frightening visions of Earth’s future…
Robison Wells is the younger Wells brother by exactly 13 months and no stranger to the IAN4 community. In anticipation of The Rise of Nine’s release, Rob re-read I Am Number Four and The Power of Six along with the IAN4 Facebook fans. He is also the awesome author of Variant, a YA debut about a mysterious school surrounded by razor-wire fence, where the students’ every move is monitored by video cameras, and where breaking the rules equals death (oh, and there’s a MAJOR twist that makes you scratch-your-eyes-out desperate to find out more). Luckily for you, the sequel, Feedback, just came out this week and all will be revealed! Find out more about Variant and Feedback here.
Pittacus said Variant was “an intense journey with some of the most shocking twists and turns I’ve ever read.” Couldn’t agree more, Mr. Lore.
The Wells brothers are pop-culture addicts, sci-fi nerds, and argumentative brothers. You’re going to want to check back tomorrow for Day 1 of “The Mogadorian Fighter Challenge” to see them in action. Seriously.
The Mogadorian Fighter Challenge:
- Match 1: Joaquin Phoenix (SIGNS) vs. Tom Cruise (WAR OF THE WORLDS)
- Match 2: Will Smith (INDEPENDENCE DAY) vs. Bruce Willis (THE FIFTH ELEMENT)
- Match 3: Fox Mulder (X-FILES) vs. Tommy Lee Jones (MEN IN BLACK)
- Match 4: Matt Smith (DOCTOR WHO) vs. Tom Baker (DOCTOR WHO)
- Match 5: Ender (ENDER’S GAME) vs. Starbuck (BATTLESTAR GALACTICA)
- Match 6: Sigourney Weaver (ALIENS) vs. Arnold Schwarzenegger (PREDATOR)
- Match 7: Neytiri (AVATAR) vs. Wikus (DISTRICT 9)
- Match 8: John Carter of Mars vs. Superman
- Match 9: Tom Cruise (WAR OF THE WORLDS) vs. Will Smith (INDEPENDENCE DAY)
- Match 10: Tommy Lee Jones (MEN IN BLACK) vs. Tom Baker (DOCTOR WHO)
- Match 11: Starbuck (BATTLESTAR GALACTICA) vs. Sigourney Weaver (ALIENS)
- Match 12: Neytiri (AVATAR) vs. Superman
- Semifinal 1: Will Smith (INDEPENDENCE DAY) vs. Tom Baker (DOCTOR WHO)
- Semifinal 2: Sigourney Weaver (ALIENS) vs. Superman
- Final: Superman vs. Tom Baker (DOCTOR WHO)